Monday, September 25, 2006

AMERICAN IDLE

It would appear my lazy ass may be getting on television. For singing.

My horrid rendition of Auld Lang Syne caught the attention of one of my fellow teachers and she thought instantly, “Cash Cow.”

Apparently, there’s a national, televised competition for foreigners who can sing in Mandarin. I have been given a famous song to learn and the lyrics to go with it so I can sing to millions of home viewers.

What?

There are so many things beyond wrong with this notion that I’ve simply got to give it a go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As part of your act, I think you should try to get the 6 y/o grabbers to sing backup. Just a thought. Also, please, please, please tell me you're going to perform in a hot pink boa & a big spangly BUTTerfly. because that would be AMAZING.

Lotus said...

Empress Michi,
One of my goals this October break is to find a pair of BUTTerfly jeans in my size (I've been told of a place that sells larger sizes; suprisingly it's in the as-yet-unvisited American Quarter) and rock them hard.