Friday, December 15, 2006

GRATITUDE

I am suddenly overcome by the sensation of intense gratitude because I am overcome by the sensation of longing but not loss. First, I am incredibly fortunate to have things to long for. I know too many people who long for nothing and it’s not good. Completion (in the conventional sense) seems to be more the death of hope than anything. I fear it more and more each day. Secondly, I know there will come a time when I long for the things I am currently taking for granted. In this meta issue that only seems to fold back into itself, I find my largest well of gratitude. In the recognition of my gratitude, I feel the need to overtly state it.

So, I want it to be known that, if you’re reading this, I’m incredibly grateful for you and you should sit down for Kurosawa’s epic "Akahige" ("Red Beard").

No comments: